31.1.10

>> wilco.

ashes of american flags.

the cash machine is blue and green
for a hundred in twenties and a small service fee
I could spend three dollars and sixty-three cents
on diet coca-cola and unlit cigarettes

I wonder why we listen to poets
when nobody gives a fuck
how hot and sorrowful
this machine begs for luck

all my lies are always wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I want a good life
with a nose for things
a fresh wind and bright sky
to enjoy my suffering

a hole without a key
if I break my tongue
speaking of tomorrow
how will it ever come?

all my lies are always wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I'm down on my hands and knees
every time the doorbell rings
I shake like a toothache
when I hear myself sing

all my lies are only wishes
I know I would die if I could come back new

I would like to salute
the ashes of American flags
and all the fallen leaves
filling up shopping bags


gostaria de assistir.

Nenhum comentário: